February 21, 2007

At PyCon!

I thought I was going to have a difficult journey when the airline announced that the flight was delayed for engineering reasons. Fortunately the delay was minimal and my flight to Fort Worth from Dulles actually arrived slightly ahead of time!

I met up with Andrew Kuchling, who's done a terrific job of organizing the last two PyCons (with able assistance from his co-chair Jeff Rush) and we shared a cab to the hotel. After we checked in we spoke to the sales staff about the accommodation issue. It now sounds like the relocation that some delegates have been forced to into should be for Thursday night only. This will mean a move after their first night, but at least they'll be able to spend the rest of the conference in the same hotel as everyone else.

I have to put the finishing touches to the tutorial presentation for tomorrow, and then we'll see how the rest of the evening goes.

No comments: