January 17, 2010

So, One of Life's Little Frustrations ...

... is the way Vista insists on taking the numbers in my filenames as numbers, thereby sorting them in precisely no convenient order. These files, however, are effectively named using a Hamming Code, so 62 is actually greater than 212, just like XP always knew. I just know this is going to turn out to be one of those awful tweaks that I should have put in three minutes after starting Vista.


I don't think we'll bother those nice Python people with that one. Which probably dooms this post to have me as the single reader.

Sudden pleasant thought. I will email the client to whom I first promised this work and then they will know that work is not only underway but almost complete. I have to finish this today or send an incomplete deliverable, since the client has paid for the classes, which have been delivered.

Happy Sunday. And people think that consulting is a part-time job ...

No comments: